Sunday, April 13, 2008

Now..... Unix...

Hello everybody...

Sorry for being late in writing this post... Anyways, it doesn't matter much as there are not many readers for me, atleast for now... ;(

As I have Computer Programming I course as part of my curriculum here in BITS Pilani and today, I have a Practical Online Test just 6 hours from now.... :) So, after practicing it & getting bored of the Character User Interface (CUI), now I would like to bore you and a quick revision for myself... :)

After finishing off with practicing writing C codes, I switched to trying commands in Unix.

The best thing I like about the Unix was the ability of many users to use it simultaneously... I used the command "who" and saw "257" people working... and trying to crack the test.. :D and it was working very smoothly with its CUI.. :)

It was a fun multicasting to all the people and seeing them getting irritated of these popups like messages while they are busy applying their brain in the mind-tangling codes... :D

Unix also got beautiful "grep" command for searching different patterns in the files.. It got an excellent flexibility of searching different different patterns... It makes it very easy to search for a complex pattern in the files..

While using Unix, I got into the root directory of the OS and got excited... (root is equivalent to the administrator on Windows platform) But when I tried commands on the root prompt, it showed "Permission Denied" and then I rolled back to my "permissible" directory....... :(

Now, I think I should get back to my study else will get a BIG O in the test... which is just 5 hours 14 minutes from now... :) Sorry for writing such a short post...

Next time, I will be writing some interesting posts on C language... and will also give codes for some of my program which I made while practicing for my Practical test... :)

Byeee...

No comments: