Thursday, April 24, 2008

Experimenting with stocks @ NASDAQ, NYSE.... :D

As I lost 3000 bucks in the first day of my virtual trading in the Indian stock market, I decided to try my luck in the NYSE and the NASDAQ markets... as some of my favourite companies are listed in these markets... yup.. Google too :D cheers to Google :)

So, after searching for "virtual" stock simulator for these markets, I found "investopedia.com" for myself to experiment on... I swiftly went through the registration pages and got my registration done... as it was only 1830 hrs here in India.. so there was still half an hour left for the markets to open... i checked out some techie stocks on finance.google.com... and again... hats off to google for creating such an awesome application for simple and very fast analysis of stocks... just awesome...

finally the clock ticks 1900 hrs and i started off watching the market... first come the Google itself... :) bought it at $529 and as expected straightaway giving profit to my piggy bank :) as always expected... :) Then i eyed at Microsoft.. :) and bought 50 of it at $38.91... and again started making profit with it... :)

firstly, i decided to go on with this till 2100 hrs and then back off.... but................... i closed it at 0130 hrs only when stock market closed... :D

then i started reading some business news :) and see how stock fluctuates with effect from the business news... one company (i dont remember the name) was purchased by another giant company GlaxoSmithKline..... and guess.... the stock price of the company shoot up 80% straightaway... :D :D this shows how the expectations build up among the investors when they are purchased by big companies...

i bought many more shares including GlaxoSmithKline, Apple Inc, nVidia, Hewlett Packard, and many more....

The stock market was highly fluctuating.... one time making profit of $220 and other time $50... my heart was beating so fast with the market even being bidding in the virtual market.. god knows.. what will happen in the real world... :D

finally, the stock market closed and I ended up with making $169.54 profit on the first day itself... (1.19%) which was above the market rise.. :D now i can think myself of being a good investor.... so give me your money... and i will grow it up.. :)

Now its quite long for today... will end up now... will write soon....



byeeee

No comments: